- Korean fresh strawberry
- We're pleased to introduce our fresh strawberry to overseas countries. What we think most importantly is to keep safe and good-quality. We believe this is enough for consumer to buy our product with confidence and satisfication. It is available for us to handle not onlyhigh-end strawberry like Juk-hyang andKumsil but also Maehyang and Sulhyang. Those are Korean strawberry we're fully proud of. It's always welcome for us to have any inquires and proposal. Please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
- From A to Z of Baby Foods bebeFoods
- From A to Z of Baby Foods bebeFoods Hanyang F&D Produces Diverse Baby Foods From Sauces to Snacks Entered Chinese Market Last Year Korean baby foods came into the spotlight in China and ASEAN thanks to the many advantages of the products―namely their high quality and safeness. In Korea, the sales of organic baby food products containing no artificial additives are brisk. These days, buyers―especially the Chinese―are highly interested in newly released Korean baby foods products. Hanyang F&D has begun actively introducing to the Chinese market diverse baby food products from weaning food made with high-quality ingredients to snacks and sauces. Producing Premium Food Products with the Daddy’s Heart Established in 2009, Hanyang F&D is a Korean baby food product company whose slogan is “Offering convenience for mom and health for children.” When it first started its business, it just distributed baby foods. Since 2011, it has actively produced related food products for the market. Mr. Yang Chang-sig, the representative of Hanyang F&D said, “As a dad nurturing my daughter, I want to produce and distribute safer and better quality snacks catering to children. I invented BeBe Food Porridge (a weaning food) in 2011 with the aim of producing all products only with Korean ingredients for safeness.” BeBe Food products entered the main Korean department stores (Lotte, Shinsegae, and Hyundai) thanks to the word-of-mouth that the product’s ingredients are carefully selected. Made with Carefully Selected Korean Ingredients Hanyang F&D has produced diverse baby food products from baby porridge to sauces under the brand name BeBe Food. President Yang said, “Thanks to the word-of-mouth among moms who were attracted by the high quality, we received many inquiries about other products. That’s why we added the new lines of products such as snacks. Picky moms consider even where the ingredients are from. Because of that, we produce our products with safe Korean ingredients.” Hanyang F&D’s flagship product is BeBe Food Porridge, a dehydrated porridge. Without any separate utensils or equipment, consumers can enjoy it in three minutes just by pouring hot water. Thanks to its special freeze-drying manufacturing process, the porridge comes out with the real taste, texture, and nutrients of the ingredients. Each one is pocket size, individually wrapped, and easy to carry. BeBe Food Seasoned Seaweed and BeBe Food Seasoned Seaweed Chops are both best selling items. They have only the best seaweed cultivated on the west coast of Korea, in Seocheon County of South Chungcheong Province. Then, to promote babies’growth, red clay salt, DHA, calcium, and vitamin D are added to the seaweed. Red clay salt contains lower salinity, but higher mineral content than common salt. BeBe Food Snack products come in three types: BeBe Food Rice Snack, BeBe Food Tteok-bbeung, and BeBe Food Grain Bar. BeBe Food Rice Snack and BeBe Food Tteok-bbeung are made with brown rice and white rice. Each goes through a puffing method in which high temperature and high pressure are applied in lieu of frying. BeBe Food Rice Snack is made with embryo rice, which contains vitamins and mineral to help babies’ growth. BeBe Food Tteok-bbeung is a perfect snack for babies whose teeth are just starting to develop. BeBe Food Grain Bar is a strawberry-flavored wellbeing snack made with brown rice powder, white rice powder, and whole milk powder. The BeBe Food seasoning products―salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, deonjang (soy bean paste), and gochujang (red pepper paste)―are rising items. Among the five, the BeBe Food Salt is the bestselling item. It is made with solar salt, which has a lower salt content than common salt and added calcium and chitosan. BeBe Food Soy Sauce contains green tea fermented liquor and smilax china juice. President Yang said, “People who enjoy strong-tasting foods at an early age are likely to become unhealthy. We invented these seasoning products to help mothers develop healthy eating habits for their babies.” Contract with Chinese Company Leyou Hanyang F&D started its business with the goal of exports in mind. Since 2011, it has promoted and proposed exports to many Chinese buyers. With its efforts, it made an export contract with the Chinese baby food distribution enterprise Leyou last year and started exporting. The products are being sold at Leyou online and offline shops. President Yang said, “Our products received positive responses from the Chinese consumers. Last year’s export volume was USD$14,000. Last May, the company exported products worth USD$50,000. The success clearly shows that our product is perfect in all aspects.” Recently, the products are also being sold in local online shopping malls (e.g. Taobao mall). Hanyang F&D is doing its best to make inroads into other countries including in ASEAN and especially in Vietnam. President Yang said, “In the second half of the year, we will attend baby fairs held in Vietnam and introduce our products.” Inquiries Hanyang F&D Tel +82-31-737-6028 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.bebefood.biz
- RED GINSENG BLACK SOY BEAN Meal grain health diet raw grain powder food
- RED GINSENG BLACK SOY BEAN MEAL is the best diet that brings the nature itself on your dinning table, using the minimum processes and drying method for minimizing the nutrient destruction and preserving the maximum enzymes of uncooked organic grains, fruits, wild plants, seaweed and other.RED GINSENG BLACK SOY BEAN MEALl is a powerful blend of nutrient and antioxidant-natural foods that help to support good health. Each serving supplies an impressive amount antioxidant of fruits and vegetables. RED GINSENG BLACK SOY BEAN MEAL is a healthy product made from fresh grains, fruits, vegetables, seaweeds and mushrooms. -Produced from Over 51 Nutrient, Antioxidant-Natural Foods- All Natural Grain, Fruit, Vegetable Blends-No Preservative, Artificial Color, Flavor Added-> Fiber-rich ingredients promoting bowel movement.-> Fiber-rich ingredients improving cholesterol.-> High-nutrient, low-calorie meal replacement for busy people for busy life.*Ingredients :Red ginseng steamed, Black soybeans, Black rice, Brown rice, Brown cane sugar, Corn, Chicory roots extract(Dietary fiber), Fermented soy germ, Glutinous rice, Fructose, Buckwheat, Milk calcium, Black sesame, Barley, Wheat, Angelica keiskei, Bamboo salt, Carrot, Perilla, Grape seed oil, Adlay, Glutinous millet, Indian millet, Common millet, Mulberry leaves, Chlorella, Laver, Brown seaweed, Oyster mushroom, Tomato, Winter mushroom, Strawberry, Green tea extract, Mugwort, Parsley, Sea tangle, Oak mushroom, Persimmon, Pear, Apple, Cabbage, Kale, Celery, Spinach, Vitamin C, Coriander, Rosemary, Vitamin A, Citrus peel, Jujube, Schizandra fructus, Acanthopanax root bark, Astragalus, Culture *Size: 34.5cm*13.4cm*18.5cm (Width*Length*Height)*Weight : 1,465g*1Box = 30Pouch (1Pouch = 40g)*Manufacturing Country : South korea*Payment terms : T/T (negotiable)*Delivery terms : FOB South korea (negotiable)
- ATP PREMIUM grain health diet raw grain powder food
- ATP PREMIUM is the best diet that brings the nature itself on your dinning table, using the minimum processes and drying method for minimizing the nutrient destruction and preserving the maximum enzymes of uncooked organic grains, fruits, wild plants, seaweed and other. ATP PREMIUM is a healthy product made from fresh grains, fruits, vegetables, seaweeds and mushrooms. ATP PREMIUMis a powerful blend of nutrient and antioxidant-natural foods that help to support good health. Each serving supplies an impressive amount antioxidant of fruits and vegetables. • Produced from Over 51 Nutrient, Antioxidant-Natural Foods • All Natural Grain, Fruit, Vegetable Blends • No Preservative, Artificial Color or Flavor Added -> Fiber-rich ingredients promoting bowel movement. -> Fiber-rich ingredients improving cholesterol. -> High-nutrient, low-calorie meal replacement for busy people for busy life. *Ingredients :Brown rice, Wheat, Barley, Alpha brown rice, Alpha corn, Isolated Soy protein, Crystalline fructose, Rice bran, Seaweed calcium, Kale, Indian millet, Glutinous millet, Black rice, Angelica keiskei, Heat treated Salt, Perilla, Black soybean, Vitamin C, Barley grass, Black sesame seed, Chlorella, Potato, Sweet potato, Pineneedle, Carrot, Shiitake(oak) mushroom, Brown seaweed, Sea tangle, Cabbage, Rubi fructus, Citron, Arrowroot, Spinach, Sedum, Wild parsley, Jew's mallow, Chinese matrimony vine, Cactus fruit, Plantain, Cordyceps militaris, Pumpkin, Lotus root, Plum, Purslane, Pumpkin seed, Chinese quince, Onion, Radish green, Houttuyniae herba, Green laver, Broccoli, Sprouted Brown Rice, Fructo oligosaccharides, Apple, Sea weed, Ganoderma lucidum Karst, Nutritional yeast, Culture, Citrus peel, Jujube, Schizandra fructus, Acanthopanax Root Bark, Job's tears, Red Ginseng steamed, Astragalus *Size: 39cm*12.5cm*17.5cm (Width*Length*Height)*Weight : 1,450g*1Box = 2INBOX = 30Pouch (1Pouch = 40g)*Manufacturing Country : South korea*Payment terms : T/T (negotiable)*Delivery terms : FOB South korea (negotiable)
- NATURAL GRAIN ENZYME POWDER grain health diet raw grain powder food
- Natural Grain Enzyme Powder is the best diet that brings the nature itself on your dinning table, using the minimum processes and drying method for minimizing the nutrient destruction and preserving the maximum enzymes of uncooked organic grains, fruits, wild plants, seaweed and other.Natural Grain Enzyme Powder is a powerful blend of nutrient and antioxidant-natural foods that help to support good health. Each serving supplies an impressive amount antioxidant of fruits and vegetables.Natural Grain Enzyme Powder is a healthy product made from fresh grains, fruits, vegetables, seaweeds and mushrooms. -Produced from Over 71 Nutrient, Antioxidant-Natural Foods -All Natural Grain, Fruit, Vegetable Blends-No Preservative, Artificial Color, Flavor Added -> Fiber-rich ingredients promoting bowel movement. -> Fiber-rich ingredients improving cholesterol.-> High-nutrient, low-calorie meal replacement for busy people for busy life.*Ingredients :Brown rice, Barley, Corn fermented Enzymes, Glutinous rice fermented Enzymes, Indian millet fermented Enzymes, Barley fermented Enzymes, Brown rice fermented Enzymes, Black soybean fermented Enzymes, Pineapple extract Enzymes powder, Papain extract Enzymes powder (Papaya), Indian millet, Black soybean, Isomalto- oligosaccharides, Black adzuki bean, Foxtail millet, Corn, Chestnuts, Vitamin-mineral mix(Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Vitamin C, Ferrous Fumarate, Vitamin E, Nicotinic acid amide, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin A, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B1 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B2, Folic acid, Biotin), Glutinous rice, Job's tears, Mung beans, Crystalline fructose, Sprouted Brown Rice, Wheat, Carrot, Millet, Potatoes, Apple, Pumpkin, Bell flower root, Sweet potatoes, Yam, Cabbage, Nutritional yeast, Plant extract powder mixed [Citrus peel , Cordyceps militaris, Jujube, Schizandra fructus, Acanthopanax Root Bark, Indian bread, Korean Ginseng, Red Ginseng, Astragali Radix, Dextrin], Burdock, Lentinus edodes, Kale, Mushroom, Angelica keishei, Spinach, Sea mustard, Sea tangle, Laver, Japanese apricot extract Powder, Citron extract Powder, Water dropwort, Mugwort, Houttuyniae Herba, Garlic, Small red beans *Size: 44.2cm*13.6cm*27.5cm (Width*Length*Height)*Weight : 2,670g*1Box = 4INBOX =60Pouch(1Pouch =40g)*Manufacturing Country : South korea*Payment terms : T/T (negotiable)*Delivery terms : FOB South korea (negotiable)
- ▩ 제품명 : 어성초사랑(입욕용) ▩ 제품유형 : 기타가공품 ▩ 원재료 및 함량 : 어성초100% ▩ 용량 : 500ml,900ml,1,800ml, ▩ 포장재질 : PET ▩ 유통기한 : 제품에 별도 표기일까지 ▩ 제품설명 ▩ ◎ 혜정농원의 친환경 유기농법으로 가꾼 잘자란 어성초생초를 채취 엄선하여 세척을 한 후 농축기에 넣고 18시간이상 달여서 추출한 자연 친화적입욕용 제품입니다. ◎ 저희 제품은 농약,제초제,성장조절제,화학비료등을 사용하지 않고 재배된 어성초,삼백초만을 사용하여 제조되고 있으며 방부제나 합성첨가물도 일체 사용하지 않습니다. 따라서 3無(방부제,색소,향)제품이므로 개봉후에는 바로 드시는 것이 좋습니다. ▩ 사용 방법 ▩ 1. 욕조에 물(반욕 가능정도의 량)을 채운뒤 어성초사랑을 50ml~100ml를 넣어 잘 저은뒤 신체의 여러부위를 마사지 하며 목욕을 즐기십시오 . 2. 기호에 따라 가감하여 드셔도 좋습니다. 3. 개봉후에는 냉장고에 보관하십시오. ▩ 반품/교환/보상 ▩ 제품구입시 변질,오손된 제품은 재정경제부고시 소비자피해보상규정에 의거 제조원 또는 구입처에서 보상받으실 수 있습니다 ▩ 제조원 ▩ 1. 소재지 : 전남 보성군 웅치면 봉산리 607-8 061)853-3139 Fax: 061)853-3109 2. 광주영업소 : 광주광역시 동구 장동 57-2번지 4층 062)223-6677 3. 홈페이지 : www.sambekcho.com 홈페이지를 방문하시면 보다더 자세한 내용을 보실 수 있습니다.
Korean Food News
Making Sesame and Perilla Oil that Consumers Can Trust Sesame oil and perilla oil are good food ingredients that increase the appetite with their aromatic taste and flavor. So, they are used for various dishes. Recently, they are drawing attention from overseas markets as they are known to be effective in preventing aging skin, lowering cholesterol, and preventing anemia. And a company is grabbing attention as a producer and exporter of sesame oil and perilla oil which are emerging as such healthy food. It is Yecheon Omui Sesame Oil Agricultural Coop Union (CEO Jo In-seon) in Yecheon, Gyeongsang North Province.Sesame Farmers Joined Hands to Create the Agricultural Association Corporation in 2012Omui Sesame Oil embarked on its full-sail business when four farming households, which were involved in sesame farming and sesame oil production, created the agricultural association corporation in Bomun-myeon, Yecheon-gun in December, 2012. Currently about 100 farming households farm sesame and perilla with a contract with Omui Sesame Oil. The corporation's last year's sales were about 280 million won.It is thanks to the solid quality of the products that the corporation has demonstrated its quick growth in about five years since its creation. First of all, Yecheon, noted as a natural producer of sesame due to its fertile soil and ample sunlight, has about 100 farming households engaged in excellent varieties of sesame supplied by Bioresources Research Institute of Gyeongsangbuk-do Agricultural Research & Extension Services. They are producing sesame and perilla oil with sesame and perilla farmed in South Korea, not with imports.CEO Jo In-seon said, "We wash sesame and perilla farmed through contracts in Yecheon to make clean oil, " and added, "We use latest HACCP-certified automated facilities to come up with the finished goods."The Products Reflect the Consumer Requirements and ConvenienceAs the oil is extracted in low temperature instead of high temperature which can include the hazardous substance of benzopyrene, customers can enjoy the fresh and aromatic taste and fragrance of the sesame oil. In addition, as the oil goes through one-week sedimentation in the settling tank, customers can enjoy a clear and clean taste. As the raw perilla oil is extracted through 3-stage drying at a low temperature, the distinctive fragrance of sesame is kept intact. CEO Jo In-seon said, "If temperature goes above 200℃, the oil can generate benzopyrene, a carcinogen. To prevent this, we get oil at a lower temperature of 170℃." Another advantage of the company is the product packaging which focuses on the consumer's health and convenience. The company has come up with a silicone-made cap to ensure the correct control of oil while not in use. The company now supplies fresh perilla oil in easy-to-carry stick-shaped containers. CEO Jo In-seon said, "We launched the stick fresh perilla oil last October to make sure that consumers can keep it at room temperature and have it anytime and anywhere," and added, "Our product now served in the stick-shaped container is good to have in the morning before a meal."Capturing Markets at Home and Abroad with Its Solid QualityThrough its effort for making high-quality sesame and perilla oil production, Omui Sesame Oil is now such a sought-after product that it is on sale in South Korea at such venues as Yecheon Market, Chukhyup (Korea Federation of Livestock Cooperatives), CJ Home Shopping, and Gyeongbuk Cyso (with Gyeongbuk Economic Promotion Agency). Outside Korea, the company has been selling to the US consumers for three years. The company registers about 25 million won in annual sales. The company is also planning to expand its exports to Japan, China, and Vietnam among others.CEO Jo In-seon said, "To increase farmers' incomes, our products have to be sold in large quantities," and added, "We want to see a lot to overseas markets. This year's export is up about 30 to 40% from last year." She also said, "At our current small manufacturing facilities, we are unable to manufacture diverse-ranging products, but we will get a larger space and focus on the production of better products," and added, "We will work to bring worldwide publicity to sesame oil and perilla oil just like olive oil, which is globally known as healthy oil."
Maniker F&G Appeals to the Palate of Overseas Consumers with Samgyejuk Developed with a Revolutionary Idea South Korean chicken-related businesses have so far focused their exports on Samgyetang ('chicken soup with ginseng'). Except for some markets, however, the chicken soup eating has yet to establish itself solidly as an export item in overseas markets. In this light, a company draws our attention as it has developed a product that reflects the overseas consumers' needs. The company is Maniker F&G, which is specialized in chicken processing.Maniker F&G has developed samgyejuk ('porridge with chicken and ginseng') and is appealing to the palate of the consumers in the US, Hong Kong, and Japan. We met with CEO Yun Doo-hyeon of Maniker F&G, the leading player in the export of samgyejuk.▲When the export market is dominated by samgyetang, samgyejuk is a new approach. How did it begin?“In 2010, the export project group joined by our company and Konkuk University took up a government project. Handling the project, we surveyed the US market. And we came to see that the Chinese in the US love porridge and the Vietnamese consumers in America prefer the Korean ginseng. Since then, we have sold samgyetang in the US. By the way, the Chinese-Americans and Vietnamese-Americans have this habit of eating porridge, so the local buyers told us that they wanted to sell samgyejuk there. They suggested that selling samgyejuk and samgyetang together could create synergy. So, we began to develop samgyejuk.”▲Nevertheless, the making of samgyejuk must have been anything but easy. Please describe the manufacturing of samgyejuk and the merits of the product.“To differentiate ours from other porridges, we use only the quality glutinous rice among others. This makes the porridge feel very premium. And we have ensured the best quality for other ingredients. We use Korea ginseng, jujubes from Gyeongsan, and chestnuts from Gongju. The quality ingredients are turned into samgyejuk through manual work. First of all, the human hands not machines have to tear the chicken meat into pieces. With glutinous rice measured and added by people, samgyejuk is a tonic food that carries people's hearty earnestness. And to support consumers' choice according to their preferences, we have diversified the line with samgyetang with mung beans, samgyetang with perilla, and samgyetang with shiitake among others.”▲We understand that getting manufacturing facilities approved for export to the US is not easy. How did you achieve that?“USDA visits to inspect our manufacturing facilities for export to the US every year. They toured our processing facilities and commented that the place was very clean, free from odors, just like a pharmaceutical plant. To keep facilities odor-free, as is usually not experienced with livestock processing factories, you have to keep on regular staff training including HACCP. As required by the US government, the process in which chicken is slaughtered for samgyetang for US sales, government officials have to be present. Thus, we are putting in continuous effort to meet the hygiene standards set by the US.”▲How are your products distributed in the US market?“We supply not only to the Korean markets but also 99 Ranch Market and 168 market run by the Tawa Group with the Chinese origin. The company has about 35 stores in the Western United States. Our samgyejuk and samgyetang are supplied coast to coast including the Vietnamese markets and the markets with the Hong Kong origin.”▲Since your first export to the US, 200,000 packs have been sold and your products have also met positive response from Hong Kong, thus gaining huge popularity overseas. What's your export plan for the future?“First of all, we are working to figure out how consumers can enjoy samgyejuk with greater convenience, like changing the current pouch to container for the product packaging. We are not only increasing the consumption of our products in the US and Hong Kong, but also consider going into Cana and EU markets. For this purpose, we will give various promotions, sampling, and sales events for samgyejuk and samgyetang, to ensure that a lot of overseas consumers will sample the Korean-made chicken porridge and soup with ginseng, jujube, and chestnut in them. The company will do its homework to ensure the continuous supply of its high-quality products. We will also develop a variety of new products to expand the consumer choice.
Chungdameun Co., Ltd. Acquires the Chinese Organic Certification for the First South Korean Processed Rice Food China is a huge consumer market for baby food, as one forecast has it that China will have over 100 million young children in 2020. Accordingly, a forecast says that the baby food consumption in the country will reach 175.3 billion yuan in 2020. The amount is converted to about 28 trillion Korean won. That's why the South Korean companies take an interest in the Chinese baby food market. While it is a wonderful market for businesses, various non-tariff barriers make it tough to go into the market. It is all the more difficult to get organic certification in China. A company catches our eye as it recently acquired the Chinese organic certification for its rice snack and has gotten into high gear for its export. The company's name is Chungdameun Co., Ltd. We met with CEO Kim Yeon-sik of Chungdameun and heard his stories about the birth of its processed rice foods and their successful organic certification.▲Please tell us about Chungdameun."I have long thought that it would be really rewarding to make healthy food and provide it to consumers. So, I searched for an appropriate business and decided that it would be nice going into the baby food market. I founded the company in 2013 and completed the factory in the next year. I coined the company name of Chungdameun, which means 'carrying cleanness' by mixing a Sino-Korean letter and a pure Korean word."▲It is not easy to acquire the Chinese organic certification for baby food. How did you succeed?“We considered selling our products in China through the Beijing office of aT in 2017. As a result, we had positive reaction from Chinese buyers and thereby saw the possibility for landing our processed rice foods in the Chinese market. To obtain the organic certification in China, you have to do a lot of paperwork and also have to proceed with an on-site inspection and tests for different products. As it would take considerable time and money until successful final certification, we faced great difficulty. However, as we joined the Miracle Project of aT, we found much help. With aT's help and thanks to our staff's hard work, we kind of breezed through the certification test conducted by the staff who visited from China.”▲Please describe the features of your products that have obtained the Chinese organic certification.“Our products are the most differentiated in their high quality. We use ingredients produced where they can supply eco-friendly ones. So, we get eco-friendly ingredients from Jeollanam-do, the largest producer of eco-friendly farm products that accounts for 60% of the South Korean farmland certified for eco-friendly farming. As far as rice is concerned, we receive organic rice from Gurye, Jeollanam-do through a contract. We add enzymes instead of using pesticides and fertilizers and use only the rice that was milled within last ten days. For other ingredients, we try to use Korean-made ingredients that are farmed in an eco-friendly way if they are available. Furthermore, we keep to same-day production and shipment for the manufacturing and distribution of our products. To describe our products, Rainbow Ball is something that you can pick with your thumb and index to eat. It is a product designed to promote the childhood development of fine motor skills. Rainbow Chips are characterized by its variegated colors and can be eaten by teething-age kids by rubbing it against the gums. Soft bar has its exterior fired lest it easily melt in the hands of kids. Of course, it softly melts when it comes in contact with saliva.”▲What's your export plan for the future?“This year marks the start of our export and we aim to achieve 1000% export growth next year. By participating in a Shanghai fair in July, we came to land an organic food section of a young children's goods store in China. Through a strategic agreement with a local distributor, we will go ahead with our full-swing export. In addition to China, we are considering sales to the Southeast Asian markets including Vietnam that are highly interested in baby food.”
Yellow Gold Farm Grown to Asia’s Biggest Exporting Farm from Production Farm The Yellow Gold Farm draws an attention as the biggest farm for sweet persimmons in Asia as well as in Changnyeong, Gyeongnam. Also, they are recognized as a farm to maintain the best quality of sweet persimmons in overseas through the first export to Malaysia in 1994. They continue the growth in export While expanding the sorting facility and producing the processed products. Producer Specializing in Rich Varieties of Sweet Persimmons for 30 Years The Yellow Gold Farm has a growing area of 60ha, the biggest farm as a single farm in the Asia as well as Korea. Located 300m over the seal level, it has a huge daily temperature difference which brings firm texture and good quality enough to maintain the sugar content of over max. 16 Brix. CEO Jo Jun-ho said, “Our farm is an optimal place to grow sweet persimmons topographically. With our cultivation skills accumulated for the past 30 years, I am proud of producing the best quality sweet persimmons. Recently, we have exported our sweet persimmons to Malaysia, Cambodia, Canada, Guam, and our products obtained local popularities, which has increased our export sales annually. He said that the main reason to steadily increase the exports is keep confidence in supplying the exports at the contracted prices even though the domestic prices are increased for 10 years. They prepare for the increased exports by newly installing the sorting facility for exports, and expect the export sales in 2018 to increase up to double the sales of last year. Production of High Quality Sweet Persimmons using Natural Vinegar The Yellow Gold Farm’s continuous production of high quality sweet persimmon was fuelled by CEO Jo’s know-hows through ceaseless research. Especially, its own natural vinegar made of sweet persimmons enables the production of better taste sweet persimmons and prevention of disease and pest by spraying it into the sweet persimmon trees.Also, the farm was not united by several growers, and is a single grower. So, the same farming methods and growing skills lead to the consistent high quality and good taste. Especially, this farm was designated by the RDA as a rural education farm in 2013, and has transferred high quality cultivation skills to 5,000 visitors annually.The production factory also obtained HACCP certification and carbon-free certification for sanitary production facility. Recently, they are focusing on the production of high value-added processed products such as the expansion of processed facilities to produce fully-dried and half-dried sweet persimmons as well as fresh ones. Reinforcement of Export Competition with Chinese Sweet Persimmons The Yellow Gold Farm hurries the export expansion into Southeast Asian markets through the images of excellent taste, high quality and clean nation to compete with the Chinese sweet persimmons. At the same Time, they have a plan to increase the exports of high value processed products such as fully-dried and half-dried sweet persimmons as well as the exports of fresh ones. CEO Jo Jun-ho said, “In order to convert from the exports of fresh persimmons to the exports of the processed Products, we finished the consultation with Gyeongsangnam-do local government to secure the finance and location for expanding the processed factory. In 2019, the extended processed facility will be completed. We continue to perform the marketing activities to inform of our high sugar content, excellent color and shape”. They expect that the export sales will increase over KRW1 billion at minimum through this marketing plan.
Jeonbuk Jangsu Sinnong Farming Corporation Opened up Export Markets for Apples with Young Spirit The Jangsu Sinnong Farming Corporation is an organization formed by 6 young people in their 30s in 2009 with an ambition to export the world best apples to the world market. After 10-year efforts, they started to export their apples to Hong Kong and Malaysia in 2017. Recently, they deliver our apple taste and quality through various export markets. First Export of Apples to Hong Kong in 2017The Jangsu Sinnong Farming Corporation was established in 2009 by 6 young apple growers in their 30s with a goal to produce the world best apples. Through many trials and errors and continuous R&Ds for 8 years, they produced the best apples in Korea and maintain the steady sales increase for the recent years. CEO Jeon Dae-ho said, “In 2009, 6 young people in their 30s started to work together with a young spirit only. We threw ourselves heart and soul into apple cultivation, and, with some confidence in our apples, started to export overseas. We succeeded in exporting to Hong Kong, Malaysia and gained popularity from the buyers. Our export sales have an increasing tendency”. The reason of our export success is to produce the best quality apples first and then select the best of the best for export. It enabled far higher export prices than the domestic ones, and higher brand recognition through export management. We will expand the export sales into the Southeast Asian countries and expect that our export sales in 2018 will be over KRW500 million. Export Expansion Using CA Storage developed by RDA As the results of securing high quality growing skills and expertise, they received the award of Prime Minister in the examination of Top Quality Agricultural Production Complex in 2017. They could also maintain the high quality retention period by receiving Korean type CA storage developed by the RDA, which contributed to the export expansion. Especially, Korean type CA storage developed by the RDA through domestic technology is a storage technology to minimize any quality change by loosening the breath of agricultural products through controlling temperature, humidity, concentration of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the storage. As it has 6 month longer storage period than the one of general refrigerator and maintains excellent apply quality, it played a great role in expanding the exports because such feature raises the buyers’ preferences. The system is cheap to be installed and several systems can be operated by one unit of nitrogen generator only. In case of storing 10 tons of apples, the profit of KRW12 million is made in a general storage system, but the profit of KRW21 million is made in the CA storage system. It enables the higher profit. Apple Export to Taiwan Market The Jangsu Sinnong Farming Corporation is preparing for exporting apples to the Taiwanese market with big demand as well as Hong Kong and Malaysia. The Taiwan’s market has strict quarantine process on the imported agricultural products and requires long preparation period. However, they reported the processing facility only for export to Taiwan and established various marketing plans to enter the Taiwanese market. Especially, CEO Jeon said, “The Jangsu area, 500m over the sea level has been blessed by heaven with a wonderful natural environment for growing apples with unique high content of sugar due to highland. We are planning for the careful market survey and effective marketing with our strengths including high sugar content, excellent color and shape”. They expect the export sales of KRW500 million in 2018 through their export expansion policy.
Chuncheon Cherry Tomato & Tomato Export Cooperative, Best Quality Tomato Exports by Various Experts 5 national best tomato growing experts worked together. 5 specialists with over 30 years experiences in cultivation, soil management, disease and pest control, business management organized Chuncheon Cherry Tomato & Tomto Export Cooperative in 2010. Recently, they succeeded in exporting tomatoes with the best quality to Japan, and are challenging the world tomato markets through the sales expansion and systematic quality control. Gaining Popularity from Export Markets by Quality Differentiation The Chuncheon Cherry Tomato & Tomato Export Cooperative was organized by 5 tomato growing experts in 2010. CEO Shin Geum-yeong said, “Chuncheon is a mountainous area with a huge daily temperature difference due to Gangwon-do’s unique geological conditions. Chuncheon tomatoes have excellent sugar content, color and taste accordingly. Our tomato exports to Japan lead to the many benefits such as high and stable income for the export farmers throughout the year and stabilization of domestic market.” They push ahead with multidimensional export strategies such disease and insect pest control, post-harvest management and improvement of overseas export markets through high quality policy. The cooperative set its management goal as the production of the best quality tomatoes in Korea, and reinforced investment in technical training to strengthen cultivation skills in the export complex.Currently, they export tomatoes to Japan only, but expect the steadily increased exports after the success in entering Hong Kong within this year for export diversification. While they were driving the quality-focused exports based on a policy of the best quality tomato production, their export sales increased up to 130 tons in 2017 from 95 tons in 2011, the first year of export. As Taiwan and Hong Kong were recently entered as new export markets, they expect the exports of over 200 tons by reinforcing their marketing activities for the buyers. Best Tomato Production by 5 Specialists The Chuncheon Cherry Tomato & Tomato Export Cooperative shares 5 expertises and continues to research for export expansion and quality improvement. Especially their soil management, disease and pest control, post-harvest management and marketing management have such high levels as nearly ahead of the Ph Ds. For continuous quality control, they do not fail to attend the trainings related cultivation skills or exports conducted by the Ph Ds in the RDA three times a year. And also, they are focusing on securing their own cultivation skills by receiving technical educations over 8 times a year including the technical training conducted by the Ph Ds in the Gangwon-do Agricultural Research Services. Cherry tomatoes and tomatoes exported to Japan are used as the food ingredients. With the increased preference of the Japanese buyers and popularity of the Japanese customers, the export prices for such high quality products also become increased accordingly. Export Market Expansion through Their Own Efforts for High Quality CEO Shin said, “Our export marketing is important, but good quality enables the buyers from Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan to come by themselves. We are one of the few export success cases in Korea in that 5 farmers worked together tightly and finally developed high quality tomatoes without any government supports for cultivation facility or operation”. The Chuncheon Cherry Tomato & Tomato Export Cooperative recently stepped in to help the communication expansion and sharing of cultivation information with the export farmers. They hold the frequent goodwill gatherings, and check and promptly improve any difficulties in exporting tomatoes. In order to expand the Japanese market, they are making multilateral efforts including participating in a tasting meeting for buyers in Japan. They have a plan to export over 250 tons this year through export market expansion and high quality tomato production.
Sangsaengchon enables people to enjoy Makgeoli, raw rice wine easily at home The people who like Makeoli also make their own Makgeoli. However, it requires much time and labor to complete Makgeoli. Moreover, it is more difficult for the foreigners who like Makgeoli to make their own Makgeoli in their countries.So, Sangsaengchon Farming Corporation attracts the public attention by developing the Makgeoli kit for making Makgeoli conveniently and easily. Sangsaengchon also produces five-color fermented brown rice with full nutrients for breaking into the overseas markets.Sangsaengchon Turned Crisis into OpportunitySangsaengchon is a farming corporation which about 50 green rice farmers organized in 2003. The farmers who paid more attention to environmental production got together. However, it is not easy to find the consumers of such environmental rice. At this time, they turned their eyes to the new rice market.Finally, The Makgeoli and Doctor Rice (Five-color fermented brown rice) were born. CEO Han Sang-cheol said, “We started green farming thinking that, if we don’t use agricultural chemicals, natural environment can get back to the previous conditions. However, there were not many consumers for such green agricultural products. Therefore, we processed the remaining rice and developed the products such as Makgeoli kit”. The Makgeoli, a Makgeoli kit, was started from the idea, “Let’s enable anyone to make fresh Makgeoli easily”. The idea was enough fresh to win the first prize in the “Idea Contest for Promoting Rice Consumption” carried out by Gyeongsangbuk-do in 2010. Actually, you can make Makgeoli easily by using the kit. Put 5 liter of water and a set of The Makgeoli (puffed rice, malt, yeast) in a prepared container. After stirring rice powder, malt and yeast with a foam maker to move them along, covering the lid, and ferment it at the room temperature (25~28℃) for 3 to 4 days. If clear layer and opaque layer are divided after 3 to 4 days, then Makgeoli is completed. However, malt must be removed by a filter. CEO Han Sang-cheol said, “You can enjoy various Makgeoli by adding honey, Omija (schizandra), green plum, raspberry, etc. The container of fresh Makgeoli was covered loosely, not tightly because its fermentation can be under way”. Sangsaengchon Puts Priority on People’s Health Doctor Rice, a fermented brown rice product, is made taking into account people’s health. White rice is generally consumed, but it is lack of nutrients due to the removal of embryo bud and bran. Sangsaengchon developed the fermented brown rice product to enable people to get all nutrients of rice. CEO Han Sang-cheol said, “White rice has only 5% of rice nutrition. However, brown rice has full nutrition, but is not well consumed due to rough texture. So, brown ice is good to eat if it is fermented for softening. Doctor Rice was born in that way”. He added, “Our product, fermented brown rice has a better texture and also removes heavy metals of the body. We were informed of good effect from diabetes”. Sangsaengchon Gained Public Favor at Home and AbroadSangsaengchon’s Makgeoli kit and Doctor Rice have already received positive response from at home and abroad. The exports of Makgoeli kit have been under way since 5 years ago and Doctor Rice entered the USA and Hong Kong. We obtained the FDA approval early this year.CEO Han Sang-cheol said, “The sales of direct and indirect exports last year were USD42 thousand, and the Doctor Rice products are distributed focusing on Korean Town in the USA. Even though the prices of our products are expensive, we take regular orders from cancer and diabetes patients”. The results of Makgeoli kit exports reflect the will of CEO Han to deliver Korean Makgeoli culture of consuming fresh Makgeoli to the overseas customers. CEO Han said, “A Makgeoli kit is made to drink easily like instant coffee mix. We export the products to the USA, Southeast Asian countries, etc. As organic rice is used as an ingredient, you taste it once and then can hate to drink general Makgeoli in the market . We will make more efforts to make our products medical food”.
Byeoldameun Farming Corporation Knocks on Overseas Markets with High-Grade Peaches As a peach is of limited storage life, it was one of the items difficult to export. However, Yeongcheon Peaches grown with high quality stayed ahead of the competition with advanced Japanese peaches, countered the feature of limited storage life, and now started to be exported slowly but surely. It is the Byeoldameun Farming Corporation with 19 peach growers that leads the export of Yeongcheon peaches. Established for High-Grade Production and Cooperative Sorting The Byeoldameun Farming Corporation was established in 2014, but its origin goes far back to the Past. In 2004, 9 peach growers with excellent cultivation techniques formed a club of ‘ILOVEPEACH’, which was a matrix of Byeoldameun Farming Corporation. After that, they organized the Byeoldameun Farming Corporation to jointly seek for sorting and sales beyond production of high-grade peaches. Currently, 19 peach growers in Yeongcheon joined the Corporation. Cho Yeong-woon, CEO of Byeoldameun Farming Corporation, said, “The peach growers with outstanding cultivation skills established the Byeoldameun Farming Corporation for cooperative sorting and marketing. Through the sharing of each cultivation know-hows and visits to advanced growing areas, we have made efforts to grow high-grade peaches”. The members of Byeoldameun Farming Corporation also show good response to the Corporation as easy farming with people of different age groups. Above all, the farmers communicate with each other well and exchange information smoothly.Jeong Yoo-sik, a member of Byeoldameun Farming Corporation, said “There are people of all ages in our corporation. The seniors transfer their own growing know-hows, and young members learn and introduce new techniques. After being with the Byeoldameun Farming Corporation, peach farming become much easier”.Turing Their Eyes to Export Markets The position of Byeoldameun Farming Corporation in the domestic market became strengthened through good quality production and cooperative sorting. Sales are made mainly through major large marts and wholesale markets across the country. And then, they turned their eyes to the export markets. The Byeoldameun Farming Corporation exported 2 pallets (380kg per pallet) two years ago, 18 pallets last year, and planned to export 100 pallets this year. The Byeoldameun Farming Corporation aims to export our good quality peaches rather than just peaches. CEO Cho Yeong-woon said, “We intend to export premium levels even for a small quantity order. Accordingly, we targeted the countries with economic power over a certain level, such as Hong Kong and Singapore. I mean, we export the best peaches, but for a price“. Of course, the Byeoldameun Farming Corporation is busy itself in going on a field trip to the advanced growing farms and holding an invitation event for overseas buyers to inform of our high quality peaches. CEO Cho said, “We benchmark the successful cases of leading peach growers in Japan through our visits at our own costs. And we also invite the interested persons such as the buyers from Hong Kong or Singapore, and inform them of the excellence of Yeongcheon peaches among Korean peaches. Ultimately, our aim is to pull ahead of Japanese peaches for which we go a field trip in the overseas market”Rural Development Administration’s Cooperation for Entering Overseas Markets The RDA’s cooperation contributed to Byeoldameun Farming Corporation’s successful landing on the overseas markets. With the short expiration date for freshness, peaches require relatively fast distribution even in the domestic market. The corporation received the RDA’s support to improve the difficulty in exporting peaches. Peach freshness was drastically maintained for a long time by using CO2 in packaging. Now, people even in the overseas market can also taste fresh peaches accordingly. The cooperation with the RDA for breaking into export markets produced fruitful results. The RDA opened the door to expansion of the overseas markets by directly introducing the unknown routes to the growers, such as trade exhibitions. Besides, the RDA has continued to provide the information such as post-harvest management, pesticide residue standards of each importing country and cultivation manuals, which plays a supporting role for exporting peaches. Cho Yeong-woon, CEO of Byeoldameun Farming Corporation, said, “The RDA’s supports have served as great energy and power in entering the export markets. We will add fresh fuel to the improvement of export markets in cooperation with the RDA”.
Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushroom Farm Delivers Real Taste of Shiitake Mushroom Shiitake mushroom is the best natural food provided by nature. Especially, as it has the excellent medical efficacy such as anticancer effect, liver-function reinforcement and adult disease prevention, it has been known since ancient times for a healthy food of retarding aging and promoting long life.With the publicized efficacy of shiitake mushrooms used for food ingredients in the Eastern areas, shiitake mushrooms have grown as a prominent food in the world such as Europe and North America. Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushroom Farm (CEO Kim Jin-seok) located in Seongju, Gyeongbuk also plays a role in promoting Korean shiitake mushrooms in the world market through the exports of shiitake mushrooms grown by the traditional ways. Three Generations of Love for Shiitake MushroomsThe history of Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushroom Farm started from 1952. CEO Kim Jin-seok’s grandfather started to grow shiitake mushrooms in Yeongdong-gun, Chungbuk, and CEO’s father grew them around Gimcheon, Chilgok and Gunwi in Gyeongbuk in 1976. And then CEO Kim started to cultivate shiitake mushrooms under structure in Seonju and went into full-scale production. Lee Hae-jo, Director and Kim’s Wife, said, “My husband and I quitted our jobs, and returned to farming. As we inherited the cultivation methods from his parents, there was no great difficulties in growing shiitake mushrooms”. Production of Good Quality Shiitake Mushrooms based on Special Family-runManagement Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushroom Farm boats its optimal surroundings for growing mushrooms. CEO Kim Said, “Our farm has been blessed by heaven with a wonderful natural environment in the mountains to reach after climbing 12 mountain passes. Also, many pine trees and a huge daily temperature difference bring firm texture and deep fragrance”. Most of mushroom growers generally produce shiitake mushrooms in a way of media culture method using sawdust, but Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushroom Farm adheres to the way of growing shiitake mushrooms naturally in pure oak wood, which is differentiated from the ways of other farmers. The use of operation during three generations as marketing attracts attention from the customers at home and abroad. CEO Kim explained, “Our farm has been run by family during three generations. We installed our own spawn culture facility in 2002 to develop more productive and stable varieties, and now do our best to produce cheaper and good quality shiitake mushrooms“. Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushrooms Getting the Spotlight in Domestic and Overseas Markets Good quality shiitake mushrooms was well-received by the customers at home and abroad. The sales in 2017 amounted to about KRW500 million and KRW100 million, 20% of the sales, came from the exports to the overseas markets such as Japan, USA and Singapore. Domestic sales were mainly from the sales in 2 department stores, 3 large marts and an antenna shop in Gyeongbuk area.Recently, Gyeongseong shiitake mushrooms were also on sale in the post office shopping mall. Director Lee Hae-jo said, “Our shiitake mushrooms were all exported to Japan in the 2000s. However, our export was blocked due to a weak yen and we increased the proportion of direct transactions such as sales of gift sets in Korea. In case of the USA where our fresh shiitake mushrooms are exported, the market response is good enough to demand our products as many as possible”. Such result waw fueled by the role of the Rural Development Administration (RDA). The Agricultural Technology Center provided instruction on opening a website and blog, and also helped us to cultivate the U.S. market including the connection with US buyers and development of proper export container. Director Lee said, “The RDA gave us many supports including overseas market development. In 2012, a Japanese buyer saw our homepage made by the support of the Agricultural Technology Center, and directly visited our farm, leading to the export”. Gyeongseong Shiitake Mushroom Farm Continues to Develop Overseas Markets Gyeongseong shiitake mushrooms have already been stably distributed at home and abroad, but CEO Kim Jin-seok and Director Lee Hae-jo did not settle for the present. Director Lee conducted an overseas market survey last year during her visits to Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, USA, Russia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Canada, China, and identified a consumption tendency of the customers. She planned to obtain organic and traditional food certification within this year. The processing factory is now under construction. Director Lee said, “We will manufacture the processed shiitaka mushroom products so that many customers can easily taste them”.
San Terroir Farming Corporation Targeting Overseas Markets with Fragrant Shine Muscat Grapes Korean grapes are very popular in the overseas market. The annual export amounts of (fresh) grapes have rising trend, US$1.38 million in 2012, 1.69 million in 2013, 2.25 million in 2014, 3.28 million in 2015, 5.12 million in 2016 and 8.49 million in 2017. Especially, Shine Muscat grapes with the strong points of fragrant flavor and no seed have grown as a profitable product of grape export market. Among the Shine Muscat growers across the country, San Terroir Corporation in Sangju, Gyeongbuk catches eyes by a rapid growth, 80 tons of export and US$935,000 of export amount during 3 years after establishment. Production of High Quality Shine Muscat Grapes through Enough Preparation The total sales of 24 grape growers in San Terroir Corporation was KRW1,940 million and the average sale per grower was about KRW80 million. Such total sales were over double KRW810 million in 2015. The reason of rapid sales growth was that they turned their eyes to the export market. The actual exports last year were 90 tons, which surged more than 10 times 8.4 tons in 2016 and 8.1 tons in 2015. Such increase of exports was resulted from the robust preparations by San Terroir Farming Corporation. They have a cooperative grading center, cold-storage warehouse and storage facility for loading. Also, they are extending the cooperative grading center and the grading lines for entering Chinese market, etc. The profitable items for export were converted from Campbell to Shine Muscat. Global GAP certification as well as GAP certification in Korea for the production facilities were all obtained. In order to meet the various requirements of overseas customers, they diversified their products such as 500g and 600g of 8 packs, 750g and 1kg of products with a bunch of Shine Muscat, 2kg and 4kg of products. Kim Dong-geun, CEO of San Terroir Farming Corporation, said, “Our goal is that the average annual income per grower reaches over KRW200 million through the export of all our high quality grapes”. Targeting Overseas Markets through Quality Control by Grade and Continuous Training They controlled quality by grade for quality standardization, and continued to visit the Rural Development Administration and leading farms for receiving educational training. As a result, they exported Shine Muscat grapes with over 18 Brix of sugar content to 8 Southeastern Asian countries such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Thailand. This year, they are trying to enter Chinese market through being designated as the export complex, etc. and obtain Halal certification to enter the Halal market. They have already been designated as an export complex by Canada. They are now trying to enter the US and UAE markets. To do this, they have a plan to participate in the exhibitions which will be held in Paris, France (October), Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam (November), Beijing, China (November), Shanghai, China (November). CEO Kim Dong-geun said, “Shine Muscat is a fragrant seedless grape and appeals to younger generations. It has a solid flesh and is excellent in the storage, which favors its exports. Our grapes are grown 350m above sea level, and their sugar content and unique fragrance are superior to the ones of other areas”. Challenge to Export Expansion through Overseas Market Expansion and New Variety of Grapes This year’s export target is 400 tons (KRW6 billion in sales). Next year’s goal is planned to be 500 tons (KRW10 billion in sales). The goal of San Terroir Farming Corporation is to achieve the grower’s average income of over KRW200 million per year based on the exports. In the medium and long term, they prepare step by step for the response to any change of the grape consumption flow. In order to introduce a new variety of grapes, they went on a field trip to the advanced vineyard in Japan last year and will conduct cultivation experiment in some farms this year. CEO Kim Dong-geun said, “All growers obtained Global GAP certification and were designated as the export complex. We will extend our cooperative grading center and participate in the exhibitions to be held in Beijing and Shanghai so that our farming corporation may be designated as the export complex by China this year”. He also explained, “We will obtain Halal certification to enter the Muslim countries in Southeast Asia and Middle East. We will be stably positioned in the export markets by boosting the value of our brand, San Torroir through the grape production by Claim Zero and consistent high quality”. Tel : (CEO, Kim Dong-geun)Fax : +82-54-536-9647E-mail : email@example.com
Chammat Jujube Farm increases the level of processed jujube products Jujube helps eliminate wastes in the blood vessels, lower cholesterol, stimulate the appetite and promote digestion. Also, as jujube is effective for preventing respiratory disease, relieving insomnia and recovering your health, it is used as an essential medicinal material in oriental medicine. There is a person who has positively informed the customers at home as well as abroad of jujube with such a variety of efficacy. Lee Jae-hye, CEO of Chammat Jujube Farm located in Gunwi-gun, Gyeongbuk is the focus of such attention. CEO Lee Jae-hye takes the lead in promoting good quality Gunwi jujube products With about 20% of the national jujube production, Gunwi in Gyeongbuk is one of the main production areas such as Boeun in Chungbuk and Gyeongsan in Gyeongbuk. However, many people do not call Gunwi as a main jujube production area. It is because they do not know it well. CEO Lee said, “Gunwi, an inland area, can grow delicious and good quality fruits due to a huge daily temperature range. However, people do not know well about a place name of Gunwi and, even if they are informed of it, they do not know almost about Gunwi jujube”. So, in order to let the customers informed of Gunwi jujube, CEO Lee focused on the production of high quality jujube products. Jujube is normally harvested when blue in color, but the jujube in Chammat Jujube Farm is harvested after being fully ripen. It is the reason because it can maintain over 30 Brix of higher sugar content. The harvested jujube fruits are air-dried and stored in the low temperature until being processed. CEO Lee commented on the past, “I have gone through many trials and errors to produce the high quality jujube products for about 5 years since I came to Gunwi in 2009”.Jujube Snack and Jujube Extract made of High Quality Jujube Fruits After undergoing a series of trials and errors, CEO Lee completed the current jujube products. However, as the jujube fruits grown in the other main production areas are stably distributed and sold, CEO Lee made her bid for victory by manufacturing the processed jujube products. CEO Lee explained, “The other main jujube production areas distribute good quality jujube fruits in a state of fresh jujube, and use lower quality jujube fruits as an ingredient of the processed products. In order to win competition against the jujube products from other main production areas, I started to manufacture the processed products with the best jujube fruits”.The results are jujube extract and jujube snack. They are the typical processed jujube products of Chammat Jujube Farm. It is very strict to select the raw material. The jujube fruits are selected by checking with naked eyes manually three times and washed to be used for the processed products. Because of this, jujube snack of Chammat Jujube Farm maintains a crunchy texture for a long time with almost no crumbs. Despite of no additive, you can feel jujube’s unique sweet taste definitely. CEO Lee said, “After being chosen in the contest of ‘Female CEO Processing Startup Sector’ organized by Gyeongsangbuk-do Agricultural Research Services in 2015, we ramped up the production of the processed jujube goods from the next year. Among about 12 tons of annual production (based on dried jujube), only 60% of selected good quality jujube are used for the processed products”. She added, “We have prepared for producing a variety of processed products such as jujube sugar, jujube spread and jujube vinegar before marketing”.Sales Extended at Home and Abroad through Word-of-MouthThe processed jujube products that Chammat Jujube Farm manufactures with carefully selected ingredients, such as jujube snack and jujube extract are also sold actively in Korea on everyone’s tongue. The products are mostly sold through direct dealing with the customers. CEO Lee Jae-hye said, “Online sales are only 2 to 3% of total sales. Most of repeated orders from the customers come from such direct dealing”. Recently, they exported jujube snack equivalent to USD1,000 as sample to Vietnam, which started to inform of Gunwi jujube. CEO Lee spoke up, “We cannot make the processed jujube products carelessly because I can eat and my nephew can eat, too,” and said, “We will obtain HACCP certification next year to enter the large distributors.” And she also said, “The overseas buyers show interests in our products through many inquiries. By highlighting the fact that taking 4 to 5 jujube fruits everyday is helpful for a long life, we will do our best to export our products to Japan, Europe, event to China.”Tel : +82-54-382-3380(CEO, Lee Jae-hye)Fax : +82-54-382-3370E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org